Frequently Asked Questions
The next juried group exhibition, Winter edition of FRESH!, will take place at JanKossen Contemporary’s Manhattan location from Jan 17th – Feb 2nd, 2019.
- Who may apply?
Calls are open to all local, national, and international emerging and established artists. Artists must be 18 years of age or older as of June 9th, 2018.
- When can I apply? December 15th 2018
- Where do I submit my work?
We accept submissions HERE.
- What types of artwork are accepted? All still visual art mediums that can be hung on a wall are accepted. This includes but is not limited to photography; wall sculpture; fabric; mixed media; paintings and drawings including, oil, acrylic, pastels, ink, graphite, etc. Sizes up to 4 x 7 feet in height are acceptable. Only a small number of 3D artworks will be displayed due to space constraints.
- Can I submit video work, Performance or poetry? No.
- Can I submit 3D sculpture ? Yes.
- Are there any other fees? only the application fees. We charge 50% commission for works sold.
- How do I pay? With Credit Card
- Can I send a cheque?
We understand select counties do not allow the use of credit card. Please send a check or cash to our gallery location at JanKossen Contemporary, 529 W. 20th Street, 7th Floor New York, NY 10011. You will need to e-mail email@example.com to complete your application.
- Can I send more than 5 images?
No. To ensure a fair platform for all applicants, we are accepting a maximum of 5 images per applicant.
- Is there a minimum or maximum size the work needs to be?
There is no minimum size. Works should not exceed 200 H x 120 W cm/ approx. 7 H x 4 W ft.
- Must I submit an artist statement?
Yes. If you are unsure how to write one, click here.
- By applying does that mean I am automatically accepted?
No. By applying, you will join a group of other artists who will be considered for inclusion in the show.
- If I am not accepted, will I get a refund?
No. The cost of the entry fee is a nonrefundable fee that covers the administrative duties of our staff in relation to the show.
- How Should I price my work?
Pricing is entirely up to the artist, but please note that we retain 50% commission based on selling price. For a guide how to price your artworks, click here.
- Do I have to sign/submit an artist’s contract if I want to participate in the live show?
Yes, ultimately there are other factors a contract addresses with regards to the type of representation we provide in the case of a sale. The contract not only sets out some ground rules for sales procedures, but solidifies your participation in the live show.
- How do I ship my work?
Please read carefully our shipping and delivery guidelines accessible here.
- I am from overseas. Can I ship my artworks unframed?
Yes. Fees apply for material and staff costs. Artworks arriving from overseas are welcome to be shipped or unstretched (in a roll). Please plan ahead, and have your artwork arrive at least 2 weeks before the opening to allow us time to frame your art. For more information regarding framing, click here.
- To where should I ship my work?
A: JanKossen Contemporary , 529 W 20th Street 7th floor, New York NY 10011, USA
Tel: 631-903-5564 Att: Robert Panichpakdee
Artist are invited to the opening reception. Friends and family are welcome!
Questions are welcome and can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.